HRAI and CIPH present "The Outlook" Economic Forecast Complimentary Webinar with Peter Norman
Date: Wednesday, November 6, 2019
Time: 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm ET
Join Peter Norman, Chief Economist at Altus Group as he shares his views on current economic conditions in Canada and key trends likely to impact construction spending in 2019 and beyond.
1. What's new in the economy and what issues are most likely to affect the construction outlook in 2020
2. Outlook for residential and commercial and construction through 2020 and how it relates to the plumbing & heating industry.
3. Outlook for renovation spending with implications on plumbing & heating dollars.
4. Housing – Has the soft landing run its course and how high will the rebound be in 2020?
5. Commercial sector: What will be driving capital expenditures in 2020?
6. Findings from original Altus Economics research including results from the Altus Home Buyer Intentions Index.
7. Government sector investments in affordable housing, institutions and infrastructure; what's around the corner?
BONUS: You will have an opportunity to ask questions.
Peter Norman is a well-known professional land economist and forecaster and is Chief Economist at Altus Group and General Manager at Altus Group Economic Consulting. Widely quoted in the Canadian media, Mr. Norman is a frequent expert witness on economic matters and consults for private and public-sector organizations across Canada, providing economic intelligence and strategic advice.
Mr. Norman sits on the Executive Committee of the Toronto Association of Business and Economics, the Economic Research Committee of the Canadian Home Builders' Association and is a member of the Association on Ontario Land Economists and Lambda Alpha International, an honourary society for the advancement of Land Economists.
Back to News & Events