What you will learn
Participants will use extensive worksheets in conjunction with detailed procedures to select equipment, size ducts and specify installation and control details necessary to design ventilation systems that satisfy building code requirements throughout Canada based on the CAN/CSA-F326-M91 (R2019) standard. CAN/CSA-F326-M91 (R2019) allows for much greater flexibility and has no scope restrictions compared to local building codes. A digital "Residential Ventilation using CAN/CSA-F326-M91 (R2019)" Course Manual is included with your registration fee. For a Hard Copy Manual go to Program Options below and click on “ADD”. There is a $35 charge for shipping/handling.
Prior to attending this course, attendees are required to register for and successfully complete an online module, "Online Basic Principles of Residential Ventilation". Please add this course to your shopping cart prior to check out.
- Calculate the required ventilation and exhaust requirements for residential ventilation systems
- Assess the risk from depressurization and size make-up air systems to suit
- Describe the distribution requirements
- Select ventilation equipment to meet the requirements of CAN/CSA-F326-M91 (R2019)
- Size ducting according to good engineering practice without the limitations of building code-based tables
- Describe the controls required under CAN/CSA-F326-M91 (R2019)
- Calculate delivered and mixed air temperatures to ensure occupant comfort
- Certification as an F326 designer, which is recognized by many jurisdictions
- Ability to do designs for circumstances that are outside the scope of the building codes such as houses with more than 5 bedrooms
- Since CAN/CSA-F326-M91 (R2019) is a performance-based standard the participant will get a much better understanding of the theory of ventilation and how it impacts the rest of the house and its occupants
Note: If you currently hold a Residential Mechanical Ventilation Installation certification from HRAI, you are not required to complete the Online Basic Principles of Residential Ventilation course.
Test Your Knowledge - You may be eligible for a 10% discount by taking the test. Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
Test Your Knowledge
HRAI is an approved education provider with BC Housing – Licensing and Consumer Services.
DOWNLOAD WHITE PAPER