What you will learn
Please note that courses for the remaining “Guaranteed” Schedule are no longer guaranteed due to the COVID-19. It has become necessary to cancel several courses as host facilities were no longer available. For those who have registered for training, please watch your emails for updates. We will continue to evaluate each course on a case by case basis. Anyone who is registered and feels the need to postpone to our next schedule may do so. HRAI asks that all registrants who display any symptoms of the COVID-19 OR have come into direct contact with anyone who has the symptoms – please DO NOT attend the course. Contact HRAI at 1-800-267-2231 ext 230 to postpone your registration.
The participant will receive the necessary skills and knowledge to do a depressurization test to one of the three national standards as referenced in the National Building Code and elsewhere; CSA F326, CSA F300, CGSB 51.71. We start with a comparison of the standards and depressurization limits then, a discussion of the necessary testing equipment.
Included in the manual is a depressurization worksheet with an extensive setup checklist and test procedures.
*Guaranteed courses not available after cut off dates. See local listing for more info.
Prior to attending this course, attendees are required to register for and successfully complete an online module, “Online Basic Principles of Residential Ventilation”. Please add this course to your shopping cart prior to check out.
- Identify the standards that address depressurization testing and when they are applicable
- List the depressurization limits for various combustion equipment types and other circumstances
- Describe the conditions under which a depressurization test can be done
- List the equipment requirements and steps for setting up and performing a depressurization test
- Understand the reporting requirements for the applicable standards
- Certification as a Depressurization Tester, which is recognized by many jurisdictions
- Add a unique skill set that will increase in demand as houses get tighter
For the Individual
- Understand the methods and subtleties of depressurization testing
- Mastering this skill will set you apart from the crowd
- Troubleshoot spillage and odour issues
Note: If you currently hold a Residential Mechanical Ventilation Installation certification from HRAI, you are not required to complete the Online Basic Principles of Residential Ventilation course.
HRAI is an approved education provider with BC Housing – Licensing and Consumer Services.
DOWNLOAD WHITE PAPER