What you will learn
Participants will use extensive worksheets in conjunction with detailed procedures to select equipment, size ducts and specify installation and control details necessary to design ventilation systems that satisfy building code requirements throughout Canada based on the National CSA F326 standard. CSA F326 allows for much greater flexibility and has no scope restrictions compared to local building codes.
Included in this course is an online module, “Introduction to Basic Principles of Residential Ventilation,” which must be completed prior to attending the in-person session. You will be automatically enrolled in this online module when you register and pay for "Residential Ventilation using CSA F326".
Please note: The login details for this online course will be made available to course registrants in September 2019.
- Calculate the required ventilation and exhaust requirements for residential ventilation systems
- Assess the risk from depressurization and size make-up air systems to suit
- Describe the distribution requirements
- Select ventilation equipment to meet the requirements of CSA F326
- Size ducting according to good engineering practice without the limitations of building code-based tables
- Describe the controls required under CSA F326
- Calculate delivered and mixed air temperatures to ensure occupant comfort
- Certification as an F326 designer, which is recognized by many jurisdictions
- Ability to do designs for circumstances that are outside the scope of the building codes such as houses with more than 5 bedrooms
- Since CSA F326 is a performance-based standard the participant will get a much better understanding of the theory of ventilation and how it impacts the rest of the house and its occupants
Note: If you currently hold a Residential Mechanical Ventilation Installation or Residential Mechanical Ventilation Design certification from HRAI, you are not required to complete the Online Introduction to Basic Principles of Residential Ventilation course.
HRAI is an approved education provider with BC Housing – Licensing and Consumer Services.
DOWNLOAD WHITE PAPER