What you will learn
Please note that courses for the remaining “Guaranteed” Schedule are no longer guaranteed due to the COVID-19. It has become necessary to cancel several courses as host facilities were no longer available. For those who have registered for training, please watch your emails for updates. We will continue to evaluate each course on a case by case basis. Anyone who is registered and feels the need to postpone to our next schedule may do so. HRAI asks that all registrants who display any symptoms of the COVID-19 OR have come into direct contact with anyone who has the symptoms – please DO NOT attend the course. Contact HRAI at 1-800-267-2231 ext 230 to postpone your registration.
Participants will use extensive worksheets in conjunction with detailed procedures to select equipment, size ducts and specify installation and control details necessary to design ventilation systems that satisfy building code requirements throughout Canada based on the National CSA F326 standard. CSA F326 allows for much greater flexibility and has no scope restrictions compared to local building codes.
*Guaranteed courses not available after cut off dates. See local listing for more info.
Prior to attending this course, attendees are required to register for and successfully complete an online module, "Online Basic Principles of Residential Ventilation". Please add this course to your shopping cart prior to check out.
- Calculate the required ventilation and exhaust requirements for residential ventilation systems
- Assess the risk from depressurization and size make-up air systems to suit
- Describe the distribution requirements
- Select ventilation equipment to meet the requirements of CSA F326
- Size ducting according to good engineering practice without the limitations of building code-based tables
- Describe the controls required under CSA F326
- Calculate delivered and mixed air temperatures to ensure occupant comfort
- Certification as an F326 designer, which is recognized by many jurisdictions
- Ability to do designs for circumstances that are outside the scope of the building codes such as houses with more than 5 bedrooms
- Since CSA F326 is a performance-based standard the participant will get a much better understanding of the theory of ventilation and how it impacts the rest of the house and its occupants
Note: If you currently hold a Residential Mechanical Ventilation Installation certification from HRAI, you are not required to complete the Online Basic Principles of Residential Ventilation course.
Test Your Knowledge - You may be eligible for a 10% discount by taking the test.
Test Your Knowledge
HRAI is an approved education provider with BC Housing – Licensing and Consumer Services.
DOWNLOAD WHITE PAPER