What you will learn
Are you looking to recognize key areas to check when reviewing a submitted design and completing a site check?
This 1 day course has been specifically designed for building officials. HRAI has put together a curriculum that outlines the building science related to ventilation and air change design (ducts); ventilation requirements, changes with the new CSA F280-12, CAN/CSA-F326, and a review of key requirements for heating and air-conditioning systems. Typical installation procedures and code requirements will be presented using photographs of installed systems and other documentation.
The Best Part
Learn about good engineering practices and guidelines related to understanding site checks and approving plans and design submissions.
HRAI has developed this one day training program for building officials in an effort to raise awareness about the importance of properly installed residential HVAC systems.
This 1-day course has been designed to provide Building Officials with an understanding of the Ontario Building Code requirements for 9.32-Ventilation (CSA F326), and 9.33- Heating and Air-conditioning (CSA F280-12). It contains a short introduction to Building Science relating to ventilation and air change design (ducts); 9.32 Ventilation requirements, a summary overview of all the changes in the new CSA F280-12, CAN/CSA-F326, and a review of key requirements for Heating and Air-conditioning systems. Typical installation procedures and code requirements will be presented using photographs of installed systems and other documentation. Residential Heat Loss and Heat Gain calculation methodology, Air Systems design and installation requirements will be reviewed including an overview of some of the design methods.
- Understand the changes in heat loss and heat gain calculation methods introduced in new CSA F280-12 Standard and their impact on sizing heating & cooling equipment.
- Review the ventilation requirements outlined in CSA F-326 and section 9.32 of the building code.
- Learn about different types of ventilation systems, supply air distribution strategies, and ventilation equipment (HRV/ERV)
- Recognize key areas to check when reviewing a submitted ventilation design and doing a site check for ventilation installation.
- Learn about good engineering practices and guidelines for forced air system design and installation with respect to inlet/outlet locations, equipment & duct size selection, and duct installation/sealing.