Founded in 1968, the Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) is a non-profit national trade association of manufacturers, wholesalers and contractors in the Canadian heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) industries.
As HRAI’s Technical Advisor, your primary responsibility will be to provide technical expertise and support to internal as well as a broad range of external parties including HRAI members and regulatory bodies and standards-writing organizations with respect to HRAI’s programs and national and international building, energy and environmental standards and codes.
The successful candidate for this role will need to be comfortable in communicating; be a pro-active self-starter who requires little supervision, be able to multi-task as needed and be a problem solver.
- Establishes relationships with key municipal, provincial and federal regulatory bodies to promote HRAI training and certification programs.
- Participates in the development and revision of relevant national and international HVACR standards and codes. This entails sitting on standards and codes committees to ensure the interests of HRAI members are represented and applicable staff and members are updated accordingly.
- Provides technical support, consultation for HRAI members and staff including the education department and instructors regarding building, energy and environmental standards, regulations, course content, software etc.
- Stays current on relevant technologies and standards issues and prepares technical communications to the membership and external stakeholders.
- Provides technology and content solutions for training materials and delivery methodologies.
- Works with both the education and sales and marketing departments on promotion of technical materials and training for the industry and building officials.
Education and Experience
- A post secondary degree/diploma in engineering technology, building sciences, environmental studies or other related field.
- 1-3 years experience in engineering, building sciences, or a HVACR related field.
We offer a competitive compensation package and an opportunity to grow with the company. If you are interested in applying to this role please apply through the following link: https://pivotalhr.fitzii.com/apply/19567?s=li . It will take you 10 minutes to log on to our online application process, answer some questions and upload your resume. We look forward to reviewing your resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment, selection and/or the assessment please contact us.